Ministry and Technology
As web manager of anglican.ca, I am passionate about communicating online with the right tools to the right audience.
Recent blog posts
Dear Christian trolls of the Internet
January 15th, 2015
Christian troll, you are better than this. Be who you are: trolling is not the ministry to which you were called, and a troll is not the person God created you to be.
Social Media Sunday: October 25, 2015
May 14th, 2014
Social Media Sunday. It’s a thing. Or at least it could be, this June, in your parish.
I told you never to call me here
April 11th, 2014
“Are you answering work email?” I was. It was about 9:30, and my wife, son and I had just returned home from evening prayer. It been out the door shortly after 5am to prepare for a 7:30 meeting, and a day filled with the usual mix of church and communications. And she called me on it.
Google Ad Grants—a great opportunity for parishes to get noticed!
January 10th, 2014
Google has started to offer CRA registered non-profits—including churches—$10,000 in Google AdWord advertising per month, for free. Find out how your parish can take advantage!
Worshipping together, from wherever we are
January 3rd, 2014
Amazing. Astounding. We were surrounded by the community of believers. And while I do believe the Communion of Saints is always present, yesterday experienced something new: the gift of a community gathered in the here-and-now, despite our limitations. As one colleague said earlier today, “Limitation? What’s that?”
- Susan Spicer on Social Media Sunday: October 25, 2015I think the date should be September 27, 2015
- St.Peters.Cobourg on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetJesse, telling truth, carefully, and with love. Well done, guy.
- Pete Lacey on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetSad, isn’t it, that he should have to say this.
- Robert Holman on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetGreat photo
- Robert Cristobal on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetMatthew, thoughts?
- Gerry on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetAlleluia! Amen! And in some other forums (fora?) in which I am active I would fully expect a troll (anonymous…
- Al Mills on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetJesse, that is a wonderful post. I just read it aloud to someone for whom it provided great encouragement. I…
- Bob Worcester on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetAmen!
- Gerry Mueller on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetRelevant http://www.macleans.ca/society/passive-aggressive-and-pissed-off-our-culture-of-perpetual-outrage/
- Laura Walton on Dear Christian trolls of the InternetAmen Jesse! You said what I have wanted to say but couldn’t put into words. They don’t just troll the…